Beef, Turkey or Chicken Empanadas
Ingredients: Preheat your oven to 350º
1. 1 package of large Goya Empanada
Discos Dough for Turnover Pastries with Color. (Leave out so it will be room temperature.)
2. 1 lb. of ground Turkey, Chicken, Beef or Pork
3. 2 to 3 cups Mexican, cheddar cheese or a mixture. Spice the cheese with finely chopped Jalapeño peppers (optional)
4. 1 can of rinsed and drained Black beans (optional)
5. ¼ cup of diced onions
6. ¼ cup diced bell pepper. The color doesn't matter or optional
7. 1 tsp. of minced garlic (more according to your taste)
8. 1 beaten egg – optional
9. ¼ tsp. cumin (optional)
10. Salt and Pepper to taste
11. 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil
Heat pan (preferably cast iron). When pan is hot, add oil. More if needed.
1. Combine, onions, bell pepper and cook until slightly translucent.
2. Add salt, pepper, garlic and beef or turkey to mixture and cook until done.
3. When meat is cooked, place in a bowl.
4. When discs are at room temperature, place about 1 ½ spoonful of the cooked mixture in the center of the discs. More filling if necessary.
5. Add as much of the cheese you like on top of the mixture.
6. Lay the disc on the counter or cookie sheet.
7. Using the egg mixture or water, wipe the edges.
8. Fold the disc over meeting the edges together
9. With a fork, press the edges together
10. Wipe the cookie sheet with Olive Oil to keep them from sticking
11. When all discs are made, use the remaining egg mixture, brush the outside of the discs.
12. Place the disc on the cookie sheet and place in preheated oven until they are golden brown. Do not overcook the discs.
1. 6 large eggs
2. ¼ teaspoon pepper
3. ½ bag fresh Spinach
4. ¼ teaspoon salt
5. ¼ teaspoon garlic power
6. ¼ teaspoon onion powder
7. ¼ cup heavy cream
8. 1 cup of cheese
9. 1 small package of cherry
You can also add vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix eggs with pepper, salt, garlic, onion powder, heavy cream,
cheese and spinach
3. Pour mixture into non-stick buttered pan
4. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes (optional)
5. Cook egg mixture on stove top for about 1 minute over low heat
6. Place pan in oven
7. Let bake until eggs are solid, but not over cooked for about 5
minute. When done place on plate and cut into wedges top
with sour cream, or drizzle with honey or syrup. (optional)
Seasoning sponsored by RLSchreiber.com
Chicken Lollipops wrapped with Bacon
1. 8 – 10 Chicken legs (Optional)
2. 1 lb. Beef, Pork or Turkey bacon
3. 1 Jar of BBQ Sauce
4. 1 Jar or package of Blue Cheese
5. 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
6. ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
7. ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
8. Pinch of Salt
9. Pinch of Pepper
10. Pinch of Paprika
11. Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. With a knife, cut the upper part of each leg flat,
so they will stand up. If this doesn’t work, leave them as is.
2. With a knife, cut back the skin about 1 or 2 inches
from the tip of each Chicken leg.
3. In a bowl, season each Chicken leg with, Salt,
Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder and or Onion Powder. Using all these seasonings are optional.
4. Wrap each Chicken leg with one slice of Bacon.
5. Wrap the tips of each Chicken legs with a small
piece of aluminum foil. This keeps them from burning.
6. Stand or lay the Chicken legs on a baking sheet.
7. Cook Chicken legs until the internal temp is 165 degrees or
8. Serve hot and using BBQ or Blue Cheese dipping sauce. For a
spicy treat, add Cayenne Pepper to taste.
Healthy Green Salad
1. Using a large bowl, add the Arugula
2. Use as much as you want for the shredded cabbage
3. Watercress can be added next
4. Shredded lettuce
5. Cut up the grapefruit into bite sizes
6. Cut up the celery to ¼ pieces
7. Add bite size pieces of Pineapple
8. Squeeze ½ of fresh Lemon or drizzle low-
fat salad dressing